Request a Talk or Workshop
Seth Bunev is available to give presentations for parents, teachers, educational officials, students (3rd grade and up), and other groups. Topics can include:
How digital technologies are reshaping our minds
- Two sources of change: new habits and outsourcing of older skills/cognitive abilities.
- Overall trends in how the internet is reshaping cognition.
- Frameworks for understanding why this is happening.
- Why the topic is hard to research in-depth.
- Strategies for mitigating downsides.
Mitigating the harms of addictive design/the attention economy
- Why digital interactions can feel ‘addictive,’ and form strong habits.
- How to recognise manipulative design features in digital interfaces.
- Strategies for inspiring interest and concern about this matter.
- Strategies for self-control/ teaching self-control.
These presentations can be adapted to your particular needs, audience, and time frame. They can be 20 minutes to one hour in length, and can involve Q&A and interactive components.
Upon request, Seth can also present about:
- Outdoor learning: activities, opportunities, and methods.
- Teaching the Art of Memory: an ancient toolkit for enhanced learning.